Lebanon, a Sensory Journey
Throughout your 10 day journey, engage in transformative sensory journey through the sights, sounds, and scents of Lebanon. Immerse yourself in its vibrant culture, savor its delectable cuisine, and forge lasting connections with the locals.
Experience the art of Lebanese cooking through intimate, one-on-one classes where you’ll unlock the secrets of traditional recipes and indulge in mouthwatering tastings.
Immerse yourself in the rustic charm of agritourism activities, such as beekeeping, zaatar picking, and seasonal harvests. Engage with the local communities, gaining firsthand knowledge of these time-honored practices and fostering a deeper appreciation for the land and its bounties.
Unleash your creativity in artisan workshops, where skilled craftsmen share their expertise in pottery, calligraphy, oud making, tile making, and blown glass. Discover the intricate techniques behind these traditional crafts and have the opportunity to craft your own unique masterpiece, a tangible symbol of your journey.
Number of days: 10 Days/9 Nights
Dates : Set your dates freely (From April to November)
Maximum capacity: 15
All Areas or towns visited:
Beirut – Brih – Maasser El Chouf– Moukhtara – Bkassine – Tyre – Odeisseh – Rachaya Al Foukhar – Kherbit Qanafar – Deir El Ahmar – Haouch Al Ghanam – Baalbek – Aaqoura – Aassiya – Bchealeh – Douma – Chatine – Tannourine – Ehden – Tripoli – Anfeh – Batroun
- One on One cooking classes and tasting experiences in remote villages
- Staying at traditional guesthouses and ecolodges
- Agritourism activities (Beekeeping, Zaatar picking, seasonal harvests…)
- Experiencing and storytelling in world heritage sites
- Participating in artisan and craft making workshops
Departure TimeSet your dates freely (From April to November)
Return TimeSet your dates freely (From April to November)
IncludedPrivate Customized Lebanon Trips
Not IncludedDifficultUpcoming Small Group Trips
Day 1: Beirut
- Arrival to Rafic Hariri Airport: Pick up & Assistance.
- Transfer to Guesthouse in Beirut.
Day 2: Beirut – Brih – Maasser el Chouf - Bkassine
- Breakfast at guesthouse in Beirut
- Cooking and lunch experience at Lamia’s in Brih
- Experience a traditional tile making workshop in Maasser El Chouf where you create a custom design to take as a souvenir.
- Visit the Moukhtara Palace.
- Return to Bkassine and free evening.
Day 3: Bkassine – Kfarhouna - Tyre
- Discover zaatar cultivation in Kfarhouna with a picking activity.
- Enjoy a brunch where you make your own man'ouche, a traditional Lebanese speciality
- Glassblowing demonstration at the oldest remaining workshop in Sarafand then Glassblowing art workshop where you can paint and ornament readymade pieces and take them with you.
- Sunset yoga at the Tyre waterfront overlooking the archeological seaside ruins and the sea.
- BBQ Seafood Diner in Tyre
Day 4: Tyre – Odeisseh - Rachaya Al Fokhar – Kherbit Qanafar – Haouch Al Ghanam
- Breakfast at guesthouse
- Road trip along the southern Lebanese borders with stops and storytelling until we reach the village of Rachaya Al Fokhar.
- Experience pottery making and create a piece of your own.
- Gourmet lunch and wine tasting at Terre Joie Winery in Kherbit Qanafar hosted by Abi
Day 5: Bekaa Valley – Deir El Ahmar – Haouch Al Ghanam
- Breakfast at the Farm
- Agritourism activity organized in a family farm in Deir El Ahmar, or other in the area depending on seasonal activity.
- Lunch at local family table d’hôtes.
- Zajal traditional Lebanese singing night (Only if we have a group of 6 travellers and above)
Day 6: Haouch Al Ghanam – Baalbek - Aaqoura
- Breakfast at the Farm
- Visit and storytelling at the Archeological site of Baalbek.
- Street food lunch and sweets in the Baalbek souks and coffee break at the legendary Palmyra Hotel.
- Scenic road trip heading to the village of Aaqoura.
- Dinner and Bonfire at the guesthouse
Day 7: Aassia – Bchealeh – Douma - Aaqoura
- Breakfast at the guesthouse
- Discover the art of beekeeping as you get up close with bees and learn about their fascinating world, then participate in an ancestral pottery workshop (without a potter’s wheel), creating your own piece and take home a handcrafted piece.
- Gourmet lunch and wine tasting at Sept Winery hosted by Maher.
- Olive oil tasting and visit of the oldest olive trees in the village of Bchealeh
- Walk around the authentic streets of Douma listed as one of the most beautiful villages in Lebanon.
- Light diner at the guesthouse
Day 8: Aaqoura – Chatine - Tannourine – Ehden – Tripoli
- Breakfast at the guesthouse
- Visit the Baatara Gorge
- Hike Easy/Moderate level 1-2 hours in the Tannourine or Ehden Cedars reserve.
- Cooking activity. Learn how to make a very traditional dish which is a specialty from this region “Kebbe bi Chahma”, followed by lunch and wine tasting at Les Caves d’Eden.
- Free evening in Tripoli.
Day 9: Tripoli – Anfeh – Batroun
- Historical and Culinary tour of Tripoli the second biggest city in Lebanon.
- Discover the millennial Salines of Anfeh.
- Free time around sunset and evening in Batroun.
Day 10: Tripoli – Beirut
- Transfer to Beirut for a half day visit .
- Brunch at a local street food eatery and Knefe tasting.
- Oud instrument maker visit.
- Calligraphy workshop.
- Late Airport transfer or drop off.
Environmental:This is a 100% carbon free emission trip. Within this trip fee each participant is donating an amount equal to your flights CO2 emissions by adopting a cedar tree in Lebanon through the local reforestation NGO Jouzour Loubnan.
Local Community:70% out of the trip cost is directly generating income to the local communities working in the tourism sector, from accommodations to services, activities and small businesses.
Community Service:By participating in this trip, each traveler contributes $50 from the trip cost, which serves as a donation to support the INGO Right to Play Lebanon that has been serving at-risk children and youth in the country since 2006. They support mostly displaced Palestinians and Syrians from vulnerable communities based in Lebanon. The money donated will directly serve as invitation for youth members of the NGO to join us on the first day trip in the Shouf area. If group 2 or 3 persons we will invite 3 youth from 13 to 18 YO. If group is 4 to 6 participants we will invite 5 youth participants. If group of travelers is of 7 to 10 we can invite up to 15 youth participants.
- 3570$/Person for two travelers
- 3000$/Person for 3 to 6 travelers
- 2745$/Person from 7 to 10 travelers
- 2495$/Person from 11 to 15 travelers
- Single Supplement: 720$
- Professional 24/7 ASSISTANCE - Pia ABBOUD: Tour Operator, Travel Expert and Heritage management specialist.
- Full 10 days TOUR, VISITS. (referring to the program)
- All Airport PICK UPS and TRANSFERS.
- Private TRANSPORTATION with all fuel expenses throughout all the journey according to the program.
- 9 Nights ACCOMODATION in homestays, guesthouses or campsites according to program. (Sleeping arrangements will be in multi shared rooms, dorms, or in some cases double occupancy)
- MEALS: 7 Breakfasts + 2 Brunches + 7 Lunches + 3 Dinners
- Local mountain GUIDES for the hiking trails.
- International Flights
- Optional Travel Insurance covering daily activities and tours (Ask for the price depending on the option you choose)
- Any Alcoholic drinks during all mentioned meals
- Laundry service
- Personal expenses and souvenirs.
- Optional activities.
- Any other Item not included under “RATE INCLUDES”
- PCR tests if needed
- Registration will not be taken into consideration or confirmed unless you pay at least 50% DEPOSIT out of the total amount.
- The remaining 50% has to be paid in cash upon arrival due to difficulties within the banking system in Lebanon.
- Your passport should be valid for at least 3 months after the departure date.
- In case of any local dangerous disruption in Lebanon or airport closures related to COVID measures the trip will be postponed to a later date or you can choose to cash back all the amount paid.
- IF you cancel your reservation, 31 DAYS and above your scheduled arrival date, The full amount you paid will be refunded, minus the bank charges.
- IF cancellation occurs between 30 to 15 Days before your scheduled arrival dates, Half of the amount you paid will be refunded. (Subject to case by case)
- IF cancellation occurs Starting and less than 14 Days before your scheduled arrival dates the full amount will be unrefunded. (Subject to case by case)