Nomad Experience in LEBANON
Discover a unique and immersive rural travel experience in Lebanon with our Nomad itinerary. Explore hidden gems and remote lands in Mount Lebanon that even locals are unaware of. Forget about the typical tourist circuits and embrace a journey filled with hiking, crossing mountains, valleys, forests, and small villages.
This meticulously designed itinerary allows you to connect with the locals in an authentic way. Stay in their welcoming homes, share meals with them, and experience local transportation, including rides in traditional trucks. By engaging with the community, you contribute to the local economy.
Prepare for an unforgettable journey with us!
Number of days: 6 Days/5 Nights (can be extended if requested)
Dates : 18 TO 23 JUNE 2024
Maximum capacity: 9
All Areas or towns visited:
Beirut – Deir El Ahmar – Ouyoun Orghouch – Ouadi Bnit – Highlands of Dennieh – Qammoua – Qatlabeh – Oudin – Menjez – Tripoli
- Hiking and crossing some of the most remote lands and hidden gems of Lebanon
- Staying at local homestays, modest guesthouses and ecolodges
- Camping & Up close interaction with the highlands local Shepherds and Nomads
- Immersive nomad rural experience through transportation and meals
- All meals included and provided by local families and hosts
Departure Time18 June 2024
Return Time23 June 2024
IncludedUpcoming Small Group Trips
Not IncludedDifficultPrivate Customized Lebanon Trips
Day 1: Beirut – Deir el Ahmar
- Arrival to Rafic Hariri Airport: Pick up & Assistance/ Or Pick up from Hotel in Beirut (pick up can be arranged from elsewhere if needed)
- Transfer (2 hours road trip) to a farm and homestay in Deir el Ahmar northern Bekaa.
- Afternoon cheese making or Agritourism activity at the farm depending on season.
Day 2: Deir El Ahmar – Ouyoun Orghouch – Ouadi Bnit
- Breakfast with local dairy and products at the farm
- Transfer to Hike starting point from Ouyoun Orghouch lakes through the highlands of northern bekaa to your ecolodge in Ouadi Bnit, Ras Baalbek highlands surrounded by centuries old Junipers.
- Traditional home-made dinner at the Ecolodge
Day 3: Ouadi Bnit – Highlands of Dennieh
- Breakfast from organic homegrown products
- Hike from Lazzab Ecolodge to Al Jourd campsite a heavenly and serene location overlooking the Dennieh remote highlands.
- BBQ dinner and bonfire at the campsite.
Day 4: Highlands of Dennieh – Qammoua
- Breakfast Saj Mana’ich and local products.
- Hike from the Campsite through the highlands of Akkar to reach the Qammoua fir tree forest and plains.
- Homemade traditional diner
Day 5: Qatlabeh
- Homemade traditional breakfast
- Spend half day at the farm living the local farmlife and relaxing. Discover, taste the local produce (cheese and brandy) and participate in the daily farmlife.
- Homemade dinner
Day 6: Qatlabeh – Oudin - Menjez – Tripoli – Beirut
- Tannour Breakfast in local lady’s bakery in Oudin
- Visit the village of Munjez with its millenal megaliths, small museum and northern borderline to Syria.
- Insider Cultural and Culinary tour of the bustling city of Tripoli
- Sunset on a hidden coastal beach
- Drop off in Beirut or Rafic Hariri international Airport for evening flight.
Environmental:This is a 100% carbon free emission trip. Within this trip fee each participant is donating an amount equal to your flights CO2 emissions (international and national flights) to adopt cedar trees in Lebanon through the local reforestation NGO Jouzour Loubnan. Jouzour Loubnan
Local Community:70% out of the trip cost is directly generating income to the local communities working in the tourism sector, from accommodations to services, activities and small businesses.
Community Service:The Lebanon Mountain trail crosses Mount Lebanon from North to south on 470 km trail. By assigning to the trip, every traveler is also donating 50$ part of the trip cost, that will be used to support the LMT organization (Lebanon Mountain Trail) in developing, maintaining and protecting the trails. Website: www.lebanontrail.org
- 1460$/Person for a Minimum of 3 persons to a maximum of 6 persons
- Professional 24/7 ASSISTANCE - Pia ABBOUD: Tour Operator, Travel Expert and Heritage management specialist.
- Full 7 days TOUR, HIKES, VISITS. (referring to the program)
- All Airport PICK UPS and TRANSFERS.
- Private TRANSPORTATION with all fuel expenses throughout all the journey according to the program.
- 5 Nights ACCOMODATION in homestays, guesthouses or campsites according to program. (Sleeping arrangements will be in multi shared rooms, dorms, or in some cases double occupancy)
- MEALS: 5 Breakfasts + 5 Lunches + 5 Dinners
- Local mountain GUIDES for the hiking trails.
- International Flights
- Optional Travel Insurance covering daily activities and tours (Ask for the price depending on the option you choose)
- Any Alcoholic drinks during all mentioned meals
- Laundry service
- Personal expenses and souvenirs.
- Optional activities.
- Any other Item not included under “RATE INCLUDES”
- PCR tests if needed
- Registration will not be taken into consideration or confirmed unless you pay at least 50% DEPOSIT out of the total amount.
- The remaining 50% has to be paid in cash upon arrival due to difficulties within the banking system in Lebanon.
- Your passport should be valid for at least 3 months after the departure date.
- In case of any local dangerous disruption in Lebanon or airport closures related to COVID measures the trip will be postponed to a later date or you can choose to cash back all the amount paid.
- IF you cancel your reservation, 31 DAYS and above your scheduled arrival date, The full amount you paid will be refunded, minus the bank charges.
- IF cancellation occurs between 30 to 15 Days before your scheduled arrival dates, Half of the amount you paid will be refunded. (Subject to case by case)
- IF cancellation occurs Starting and less than 14 Days before your scheduled arrival dates the full amount will be unrefunded. (Subject to case by case)